Summer is almost here! So much has been going on!
Here’s a super quick recap:
– I’ve had some amazingly fun photo shoots with a number of talented and lovely photographers! More pictures will be in the photos section soon!
– The shoot date for Sylphvania Grove is quickly approaching. Getting a head cast, studying the life and movements of deer, and letting my imagination fly with this fun, scary, amazing script and fantastical creature I’ll be bringing to life has been exciting. I can’t wait to shoot in a few more weeks!
– I’ve been lucky to get a great voice over job as the “official voice” of a corporate elearning series. I love voice over, whether it’s for corporate, commercial, or animation – such a joy to be in the booth!
– I’ve had a number of fun commercial auditions lately where I’ve met some new CDs that were absolutely lovely to work with in the room.
– And I’ve been auditioning for a few other shorts – stay tuned for more updates soon on that front.
Some like it hot…. and I’m ready for the heat!
Well, it happened. Another birthday. Among other things in the last month or so! Where to begin…
Meaghan Bloom Fluitt; photo by Alex Llobet
Wow! I can’t believe that we’re already half way into the first month of 2017!!
And boy, it’s been a pretty busy beginning of the year…
How to greet at New Year. -Meaghan Bloom Fluitt
Audition in the morning for a play! Such a fun character who is full of drama, some wicked thoughts, and killer instincts.
Mid-day voiceover recording session for an internal educational program. They said they’ll be seeing more of me, so that’s exciting!! I love doing voice over work!
And now I head to a callback for a really exciting project… loved auditioning the first time and can’t wait to get in the room and play again!
More to come – stay tuned! 🙂
Instead of always feeling the pressure to write an entire thesis every time I post, I’m going to start a “news feed” tag for short updates on daily things like auditions, callbacks, classes, tapings, etc.
Casting Director Tom O’Hare recently suggested that I keep a journal to help document my progress through my career and to keep track of what I’m doing and how I feel about my growth. So while I have an actual journal as well as an audition journal, I think this will be another excellent way to implement that idea. Thanks, Tom!
So, today, 12/4/16,
I was on my way to a modeling go-see yesterday, Halloween has just passed, and I reflected on the idea of “dress up”.
…until “The Coach of the Holy Sacrament” goes up! It’s been a little while since I’ve done some theatre and I’m thrilled to be working with The Storm Theatre once again.
It’s been an interesting road this time around, and my character, the “Perichole”, is quite a handful both on and off stage! Actors sometimes talk about playing characters they themselves don’t completely agree with, either on a personal level on how they relate, or just in that the character themselves is a bit of an asshole. With Perichole, it took me a little while to find her true self, which is buried amidst her own personal desires, the world she lives in, and how society perceives her (and what she must do to be seen in the eyes of society).
I won’t spoil it all here, but suffice to say it’s going to be a performance of comedy and big moments, and maybe a bit of redemption too! Come out and see our two play classical comedy night, running from September 30th to October 22nd. More show information and tickets can be found on the company website: www.stormtheatre.com
This is a short one today, but I just wanted to put it out there.
This of all – happy Monday! Happy August! Happy. Happiness… Happiness: what is that so often talked about, always sought after, elusive, life-changing feeling?
Posted in Inspiration, Meaghan Bloom Fluitt, Media, Quotes
Tagged authenticity, blessed, life, meaghan bloom fluitt, musing, New York City, Quotes, staytrue, thoughts
Happy 4th of July Weekend! It’s in full swing with the big finish tomorrow evening.
Independence Day has many different meanings to different people and families not only across the United States, but around the world. To some it symbolizes nationalism and patriotism. To some it means the freedom to their human rights. To some it means loss. To some it means victory. To some, it simply means a much wanted long holiday weekend…