Sooo many things happening! I’ll give you the quick recap:
Well, first of all… my scene from Sweetbitter is now available to view on my site. Click here to jump right over there.
And, on top of that great news, I’m absolutely thrilled to have shot a fun brand ad for the skincare line, Dr. Brandt last Friday!
Happy New Year! 2019 is here.
It’s going to be a good year, I think.
Yeah, I know – what kind of millennial is bad at blogging?
Well, it’s been a little while since I’ve made an update! So much has been going on, personally and professionally, I find myself sitting down to post and then not knowing where to start. And boom – just like that, it’s a new year.
If I’m going to take any of my own advice and be ready for 2018 and all it’s coming adventures… then I have to remember this:
I reflect upon the life of a man. He wasn’t a politician, a movie star, a scientist, or a doctor. He didn’t raise armies or make brilliant discoveries, didn’t fight for world peace, or have claim to any riches. He was a father, a son, a grandfather, a brother. My dad.
He taught me to always try to be kind, but to never fail to be smart. To follow my dreams, and to always, always do everything from a place of passion, love, and heart. I will always remember his smile and see the reflection of his eyes looking back at me when I look in the mirror. I will remember the good times, and the bad. I will remember his lessons. I will remember his love. And I will try to keep living my life and reaching for the heights that would make him proud.
It’s been a little over a week. I’ve looked at so many pictures, relived so many memories. I’m sad, frustrated, angry, and at a loss. Grief ebbs and flows. I remember silly stories at random, like the time you dressed up like your mother for Halloween, or how you’d always order your dessert with your meal. I remember moments, frozen in the flow of my memories; sitting on your shoulders to grab a peach from our backyard tree, learning how to drive, fishing together. Those ridiculous but delicious little “breakfast” sandwiches you make us on summer vacation. I miss you, dad. I miss hearing your voice on the phone. I miss getting your gardening advice. I miss the way you’d tell me to “just be careful” up here in NYC and how I’d roll my eyes. I miss your laughter.
I miss you. So much.
I love you, daddy.
Summer is almost here! So much has been going on!
Here’s a super quick recap:
– I’ve had some amazingly fun photo shoots with a number of talented and lovely photographers! More pictures will be in the photos section soon!
– The shoot date for Sylphvania Grove is quickly approaching. Getting a head cast, studying the life and movements of deer, and letting my imagination fly with this fun, scary, amazing script and fantastical creature I’ll be bringing to life has been exciting. I can’t wait to shoot in a few more weeks!
– I’ve been lucky to get a great voice over job as the “official voice” of a corporate elearning series. I love voice over, whether it’s for corporate, commercial, or animation – such a joy to be in the booth!
– I’ve had a number of fun commercial auditions lately where I’ve met some new CDs that were absolutely lovely to work with in the room.
– And I’ve been auditioning for a few other shorts – stay tuned for more updates soon on that front.
Some like it hot…. and I’m ready for the heat!
Well, it happened. Another birthday. Among other things in the last month or so! Where to begin…